CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Apartment

Outside our apartment window, we are on the 3rd floor above an Italian Restaurant

Our kitchen, Laudryroom and pantry, Yep this is what we pay $1500 a month for plus tax and utilities.

Our bedroom, study and family room. Dad hasn't changed he still has the remote control to the TV tightly in his hands


Howdy,Well it is friday again, thank goodness!! By the end of the week my eyes are tired and ready for a break. But I'll get better I'm sure. I just cross the days off the calendar day by day. We did finally get into our apartment. We did have a few minor problems. The water heater didn't work so we had cold water. So the gas man came and declared our apartment unsafe so he turned off the gas and water. We did have cold water though. We still stayed there because we had no where else to go. We just couldn't eat or hot shower. But we got that fixed, now the toilet doesn't flush. But dan thinks he has that under control. They are suppose to fix that on Monday. Our computer also can't get the internet up in the attic where we are, but we will work on getting that going. So we just use the internet at the Archives. What an adventure, I 've decided there is no need to be grumpy about it, so we have just started to laugh. We saw a man standing outside on the street by our apartment talking to his friend with only a towel wrapped around him. It was hilarious. We have to laugh about things otherwise we would cry. The people we work with at the Archives have been very nice. Dan and I aren't so good at this stuff but they have been patient. There are 4 of us missionaries and the other 3 are paid. One looks just like Whoopie Golberg. Her name is Margeret. It's a great experience to meet all these people. Dan has become really good friends with an autistic boy named Donald. He loves to rub dans hair. Especially after he gets it cut. It is so funny. He and Dan are like best friends. Last night we were invited to some members house for dinner. We got lost as usual both coming and going. This bus system is out of control. We haven't decided what to do for the weekend yet, but I'm sure we will go touring some where. Many of you have asked for our address, well don't send any mail because the place we live is not the best for mail delivery and anyone can look through the mail,so I am not sure if I would ever get it. It's kind of a scary place. So I appreciate the thought but it would just be better to e-mail me. Even though rolls from mom would be a delight, it just isn't going to happen. I know you all want to send me something for my birthday, does the 28th ring a bell, but don't worry about it we will party when I get home.I don't trust all the neighbors scavenging through the mail. We did go into London last Saturday and yes it's just like the movies. We rode on double decker buses and wandered through mobs of people. Dad wanted to get his haircut but it was 44 dollars. So we found a super cuts in the bus station and he paid 20 instead. Might be a while before he gets another. He might be coming home looking like one of the Beatles. We are hoping that now things are settled down a bit we will be more organized. We go to the store almost everyday because there is no cupboard space and a cooler for a fridge and room enough for a mini ice tray in the freezer, so the grocery store is almost a must everyday. There is a washing machine in the apartment. You can wash about 3 pairs of garments and a white shirt. It serves as a dryer too. The clothes come out so steaming hot that you can barely touch them. Before I washed any clothes I ran a cycle on the washing machine. Well it took 2 hours. That is the cycle for cottons. Crazy huh!! Since then I just use the 30 minute silk cycle. Oh the experiences of the mission. I do miss all of you and pray that your life is healthy and happy. It's not fun being away from those you love. But it is nice to know that I can call or e-mail anytime. Talk to you soon. Lots of love Cynda

0 comments: